At the end of March 2017 we held our annual Internet Safety Day where all in school took part in lessons, discussions and role play appropriate for their age. Special assemblies were also held. Photographs were take and uploaded onto Tapestry and Earwig.
Here are some of the important rules which were covered:
- Never arrange to meet anyone you have had contact with online without the permission of a trusted adult.
- Be in control of what you share online - don't give out personal details.
- Everything you share online could be seen by everyone - be careful what photographs and information you put online.
- Tell a trusted adult which internet sites you are looking at - follow the rules that you are set.
- If you are worried or concerned about anything you see or receive online tell a trusted adult.
- Do not respond to unwanted messages or e.mails.
- Some people use the internet to be nasty to others - tell a trusted adult.
- Choose strong passwords, change them regularly and don't tell anybody what they are.
- It is never ok to be rude or horrible or make threats to anyone in any message online.
When you are using our school website, if you come across something which you are not happy about, click on the whistle picture. This will let school know that something has upset you.