"Oh, the places we'll go..."
Together, we create a safe and fun place to learn, explore and grow.
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in school to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
We focus on the four key values throughout the year. (Assemblies when it is safe to do so)
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Respect and Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
We also promote key skills that the children need to develop. These will be explored and valued through Characteristics of Effective Learning dinosaurs.
- Explorosaur - 'I explore everything around me and I'm curious to find out new things'
- Askapartor - 'I ask questions and find things out'
- Tryatops - 'I am resilient. I try my best and never give up
- Stickosaurus - 'I stick at task, persevere and am proud'
- Solvesaurus Rex - 'I work hard to solve problems'
- Thinkodocus - 'I think carefully about what I learn'
- Shareonyx - 'I share my ideas and resources'
- Humourdocus - 'I can laugh at myself'
- Orgasaur - 'I am responsible for organisisng myself, my equipment and my time
- Confidactyl - 'I am confident in my own abilities'